Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

July is nearly done

How did I do on my goals for the month of July? I did much better at my quilting goals than my personal goals.  Guess I need to work harder on exercise and decluttering.


One finish that was not on the goal list for July - the strawberry bed runner.  I love the quilting that Carol did on this for me.  It's the same design as we used on a table topper recently.



The bed runner is 18" x 72", and looks great on the bed.  One strawberry on each end hangs down the sides of the bed.  And the pink/white striped binding works so well. 

  • Personal goals
    • Walk at least 1 mile at least 5 days a week - weather permitting!  The mosquitoes won the walking battle a lot of days, but I am starting again.
    • Continue decluttering  - no new progress
    • Some summer fun activities like Arts in the Park - CHECK!!
  • Binding (hand stitching)
    • Rainbow Connections CHECK!!
    • Christmas table topper CHECK!!
    • Bailey's graduation quilt CHECK!!
  • Block of the Month piecing
    • Saturday Sampler - month #4 blocks CHECK!!
    • RSC blocks in new color CHECK!!
    • Tranquility mystery quilt clue #2 CHECK!!
  • assemble 1 quilt top from RSC block collections
  • finish big stitch quilting and assemble red star pillow CHECK!!
  • UFO projects
    • quilt Happy Block quilt - not yet, but the batting & backing are ready
    • prep & deliver Ohio Star quilt for long arm CHECK!!
  • PIG of the Month - watermelon door hanger CHECK!!
  • Whatever else I want to play with!!

6 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

The humidity has won over my walking:( You did really good in the sewing department this month.

Kate said...

Your strawberry bed runner is so pretty! What a fun summer accessory for the bedroom. Summer exercise can be hard. It's too hot to walk here right now. I've been trying to get myself to do more chair yoga and do more indoor walking exercises. Not having much success there, yet. You nailed all your stitching goals. Congrats on all the progress.

Nann said...

That's a lot of blue checks! Good for you! The strawberry runner turned out nicely.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Love the strawberry bed runner! Great job on your goals. The mosquitoes have been terrible here this year, too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The bed runner is perfect! Well done!

Preeti said...

Excellent progress on your goals and the strawberries are so juicy :-)