Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Strings and small finishes

There are 2 small finishes this week, mainly because I worked on the binding on the shop hop bus ride on Thursday, and while going to our granddaughter's softball game on Friday.  

The summer watermelon door hanger is done, except for adding the hanger at the top.  This will go on my front door for August.  

The paper pieced star block has become a nice table topper.  It's about 24" square, so it will fit on my table nicely but can also work as a wall hanging.  

My scraps are sorted into canvas bins by color - for the most part anyway.   
 


The pink canvas bin actually holds pink, red, and orange scraps.  It's overflowing and messy.  Orange will be the August color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, so I need to get the orange scraps sorted out and ready to actually use.  And since I hadn't made any red string blocks yet, it was as good a time as any to get strings pulled for a couple of those as well.  I've quickly realized that orange was the color here with the fewest scraps to choose from.  Hmmmm . . . 

5 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Your watermelon door hanger turned out just fab! You got me thinking I should make a runner and door hanger in watermelons for my August decorating instead of leaving up my patriotic. For now I will just dream about it;)

cityquilter grace said...

two very nice summery finishes!

Nann said...

The watermelon hanging is another charmer! This time of year I make sure to have cut-up watermelon in the refrigerator. And you're going to be all set for RSC's orange August.

Far Side of Fifty said...

What nice completed projects! Oh no...I see shopping for orange fabric in your future:)

Kate said...

Congrats on the two finishes. Even better they are done in time to use for the proper season. Orange is just one of the colors I don't use much. Thankfully I just finished an orange and black quilt, so I have new scraps to pay with.