Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Zippers, etc.

 One final Zipper block has been made, along with another Brighten block.


There are just enough of the Zipper blocks now to make a twin sized quilt.  I hope to get that all sewn together sometime this week, although it's a crazy busy week with appointments and things.  Maybe later today - after my haircut appointment - I'll get them layed out into rows.

I also counted the Brighten blocks and there are 31 of them now.  So I think by the end of this year of RSC colors there will be enough of them for a quilt top.

No sewing happened on Monday as we met our oldest daughter and husband for a day of golf.  It's her birthday tradition - to play golf.  It was a beautiful summer day, and we played a course I really like but hadn't been to for a few years.  We are fortunate that our kids live fairly close, 75 and 100 miles from us, but they are busy young families and we don't get to spend as much time with them as we would like.  So I really appreciate when we do. 

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice zipper blocks

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty colors! Nice that you could spend the day with your daughter!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhh I like the zippers!!!

Kate said...

Both blocks turned out nicely. So glad you got to spend some time with your daughter. It's good that you all like the same sport.