Pages

Friday, July 19, 2024

Graduation quilt is done

Since I'm most likely sleeping in this morning - after a long day quilt shop hopping yesterday, this post was written Wednesday evening.  I was planning ahead, right?  A shop hop report will have to wait for another day.  

One of my PHD (Projects Half Done) projects this year was a graduation quilt for my beautiful, smart, and ambitious grand-niece in Texas.  She'll be a senior in HS next fall.  Her passion is horses, and has won numerous awards for both rodeo and for English riding.  


I bought the horse panel 2 or 3 years ago because I immediately thought of Bailey when I saw it.  It's been waiting all this time.  The horse graphic is black and white.  


The pattern I used was a Peach Tree pattern called Twisted Panel, but I added borders all around to make it a bit larger.  The teal fabric was purchased in Minneapolis last March, and the grey and black fabrics I found here in Mitchell.  Once I had the fabrics gathered the quilt went together quickly. 

It's always nice to finish a quilt, but especially sweet when there is a particular recipient in mind.

5 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Lovely quilt and perfect for your great-niece!

Vicki in MN said...

That turned out so good! Being a Texan it is so appropriate that she is into rodeo, I am sure she will love it.

Kate said...

The teal is a nice frame for that print. Your grand niece is going to be thrilled.

Far Side of Fifty said...

She will love and treasure that quilt!! You are ahead of things...good for you!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!! I love this quilt - that panel is perfect!!!! and your quilt is AWESOME