Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Mid-week already

Oops!  I knew I would end up deviating from the projects on my "design wall" this week, and already yesterday I did wander off.  

Last week I made this paper pieced star block - just to try out the pattern by Carol Doak.  It was laying on the end of the ironing board - taunting me.  Well, now it has borders sewn on and should make a nice table topper at about 24" square.  And it's in the hands of a long arm quilter, along with one UFO quilt, the strawberry bed runner, and the watermelon door hanger. 


And while I had that blue star fabric (leftover backing) out, I cut pieces for 2 more of the Split Back Star blocks.   These make a wonderful Quilt of Valor. 


Back to the "design wall" projects, I did sew 3 of the 12 blocks needed for this month's clue in the Tranquility Mystery quilt.  And I got my hair cut and nails done, so the day was not a loss.

5 comments:

Nann said...

You were fortunate to be able to get appointments at the salon for the same day. The mystery blocks are intriguing! The simple setting for that star lets it shine.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Those squirrels can really take over!

Vicki in MN said...

Do you have a layout for the split star blocks already? I think they are pretty snazzy!

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a pretty table topper!

Kate said...

That Carol Doak block turned out so beautifully, it will make a wonderful table topper. The split star blocks are such fun. I'm looking forward to seeing how those go together, so many design options with those.