Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2024

Weekend stitching

Saturday was hot, humid, and quite windy.  Pretty normal SD summer weather.  The guys left the house for the golf tournament before 9 am, and I headed downstairs to my sewing room.  One of the projects that saw progress was the Star of Wonder wall hanging.  


There is one more week to go on this mystery, and I'm guessing that will be an outer border.  A simple one or a pieced border?  We'll see on Tuesday.  I have 3 different Christmas-y fabrics pulled out for a possible border but won't make any decisions until I see what it looks like.  I'm really liking how this is coming together so far and would be perfectly happy leaving it AS IS if the final border doesn't excite me.  


My guess of the color orange for August for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge turned out to be very premature.  Dark colors - browns and blacks will be the August focus.  I have a lot of dark strips and strings in the scrap bins, so I see more string blocks happening for sure.  I did make 2 Kitty blocks using black scraps.  I'm going to lay the Kitty blocks out today to see how many more I may want to make yet.  

There was a LOT of cutting that went on Saturday too.  Some of it was for Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks to make this next week.  Some of the cutting was for other projects, including the project using that map print I posted about.  With a new month starting next week several new goals have been spinning away in my brain.  

6 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

I saw a few other people guessing orange would be the RSC color too.
I don't have to have a new month starting before my brain starts spinning, hahahaha. What will you get done today? It was 88 here yesterday with some wind, but we went boating with the grandson and man the lake was full of boats!

Kate said...

Star of Wonder is really pretty. Looking forward to seeing what the last clue is. Hopefully now that you've got all your cutting done, you can enjoy just sitting and sewing today.

Nann said...

The cats are cute! It will be interesting to see how you set them. Are they all facing that direction or are you changing a few up? Hot and humid here, too. Are you getting any wildfire haze?

cityquilter grace said...

loving the christmas piece...i passed on christmas stuff this july...have to wait til december i guess

Bonnie said...

LOVE that Star of Wonder. How big is it in this picture? I probably need to go grab it. I am ready for a different quilt to hang for Christmas. Have fun coming up with your new goals.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Lovin' the Star of Wonder quilt!!!