Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2024

RSC24 - Week #28

 It's Saturday Sampler and Sew Vintage day today, which is my favorite Saturday of the month.  At least in terms of quilting.  

This year we're working with solids in lots of bright colors - including this teal/aqua.  Actually the blocks we just made used pink, yellow, and lime green.  Can't wait to see what today brings for our next month's blocks.  Plus the Show n Tell is always inspirational. 


Some random aqua sewing happened this week.  I didn't spend as much time sewing this week as I have been recently.  There was just so much else going on all week.  Entwined Stars is one set of blocks I've been playing with this year.  This one doesn't have the best contrast between the light and dark aqua, but it joins the other 6 I've made so far.  


String blocks seemed like a good scrap use this week.  I've been toying with a red/white/blue version of that larger block but I'll share that some other day.


The Brighten block and Zipper block were sewn early in the week. This Zipper block is the final one needed to finish a quilt top - which is not assembled yet.  Maybe tomorrow I'll get the layout finalized since it will be blistering hot outside.   


And there is one new Stashbuster block. They are 10" finished blocks so I'll need a LOT more of these, but I've already been playing with a layout plan for these.

What's happening out there in the RSC world this week?
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

scraphappy said...

Lots of great progress this week. I love the combination of smaller framed string blocks with the larger version. Bulky seams is always a problem with strings, and this would help that as well as changing up the layout.

Vicki in MN said...

You might not have had a lot of sewing time, but what you did is so pretty. Love the entwined star.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

The entwined stars is block is lovely. I think the different value turquoise stars contrast quilt nicely. It helps that one fabric is toned, while the other is tinted.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The Rise Above pattern is gorgeous, and will be fun made in all solids! Looks like you found some great ways to sew up some pretty aquas this week, too. Love the Entwined block!

Cathy said...

I always love checking out your beautiful blocks, Sara!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like the entwined star blocks, the colors are great!

Chantal said...

The solid colour quilt is awesome! I love the mix of bigger and smaller parts it has. So cool. Entwined Star is very interesting as is the Brighten block. Very well done for a busy week. Enjoy! ;^)

grammajudyb said...

String blocks are always winners in my book! I like the little one made bigger! Good idea! Stay cool! Your area has gone from too much rain to too much hot!

Nann said...

Random aqua. LOL!

Sue said...

I love all these blocks! The framed string block is especially intriguing & may need to find a home in my studio! LOL

Kate said...

You have some very fun blocks in the works. Happy stitching this week. Hanging in the sewing room is definitely one way to stay cool.

Jenny said...

I like your idea of using a small string block as the centre square of another block.