Pages

Monday, July 15, 2024

Design Wall Monday - July 15

 I'm happy to report that all 12 of the clue #2 blocks for Tranquility are done.


They're clipped to the hanger along with the 4 clue #1 blocks, and hanging in the closet waiting to see what August brings for this mystery project.  That means my design wall is cleared off and ready for something else.


I have a few things on the goal list for this week, including the new blocks for Saturday Sampler.  I have the parts cut for the 8 blocks.  This gives a little hint of what they'll look like.  Each of the 8 blocks will have a different color in this half, and the other half of the blocks will be a big grey triangle.  We're reaching the stage where we can begin to see the quilt design emerge.

The Zipper blocks are gathered into rows, so I can begin sewing those together as soon as the Saturday Sampler blocks are done.  And I have my granddaughter's softball themed pillowcase all pinned and ready to sew.  There is also a small but new applique project percolating.  I must admit that more string blocks are in the works.  And, there are a couple of projects that will be coming back from the long arm quilter in the next week or so - meaning there will be more binding.

Other than the rescheduled bus trip quilt shop hop on Thursday - which I'm very excited about, this week is kind of wide open.  Maybe there will be some unexpected fun pop up. 

I'm linking up with Design Wall Monday . . .

and Monday Musings . . .

7 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Good job on the Tranquility blocks. Can't wait to see what fun things you find on your shop hop! Today I am going to finish up the 6 gray string blocks I started on Friday.

Kate said...

It has to feel good to be mostly caught up on the quilt alongs. Enjoy your quilt shop hop on Thursday.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hooray for getting all caught up on QAL blocks! Sewing up the zipper blocks into a top is on my list this week, too. Have fun on the shop hop!

Tired Teacher said...

Looking forward to seeing the Saturday Sampler progress. Have fun creating this week.

Nann said...

A blank design wall does not stay that way for long!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good news that you still get to do the quilt shop bus trip!! Have fun!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Wow, it's great to be caught up with a clean design wall. But looks like you will be added to it this week! Have fun with your week. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!