Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

All Flights Lead Home - done



I tried to hang this up in my house to photograph, but all of the places I chose were in shadow and it wasn't showing off the colors.  So I finally layed it on the kitchen tile. This project was a Row By Row kit I picked up in Iowa a few years ago.  The finished size is about 8" by 35" which is slightly shorter than the original kit, because I left out one of the rainbow fabrics. There was a blue print used between the blue and purple and I didn't like how it looked, so I didn't use it.


The metal star hanger was a happy surprise.  I had just finished the binding when my husband came in with the mail.  I had ordered a small "box" from Fat Quarter Shop that had a July 4th theme and it had arrived.  Inside was this metal hanger.  

There was also a cute red checked pincushion, some patriotic fabric and a pattern in the box.  I can play with those another day.  For today, I have a finish that is ready to be gifted.  

1 comment:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Beautiful - your quilting really pulls the eye in and up to the top. Nice job!