Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2020

Kitting up a new project


A pattern I've used several times for a quick baby quilt is the Quick Strippee.  The pattern is free on https://maryquilts.com/.  Mary generously shares her instructions for so many great quilt designs.  The Strippee is made purely from width of fabric (WOF) strips and it goes together so fast it will amaze you.  Thank you Mary - for your inspiration and your pattern!

I wanted to make a little girl type quilt as a gift so I found the cute flamingo fabric at The Pin Cushion.  The wide strip is perfect for showcasing a fun novelty print.  I even used a Noah's Ark border print when I made grandson Jonah's quilt with this pattern. 

I'm not sure exactly when this quilt will happen, but I'm cutting the strips today so it's ready to go as soon as I have time.  I may even see if I have any other fabric choices, and cut a second kit while I'm in cutting and kitting mode.  

4 comments:

Ramona said...

Love your fabrics. They will make an adorable quilt.

Anya said...

Great fabrics for that quilt! I've made it many, many times, as have many of my other quilt guild members. It's a great pattern for a quick, cute, kids' quilt.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The fabrics will make an adorable quilt for a little one. I’ve used many of Mary’s quilt patterns for QOV.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Great fabrics!!! LOVE that flamingo!!