Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2020

Lori Holt Sew Along


Lori Holt's Bee Patriotic Sew-Along has begun, and these are the 3 blocks for Week 1.  The blocks will all be from her Vintage Christmas book.  I decided to use some bright colors rather than go with her patriotic theme, and I'm doing the 6" blocks.  I love my block #1 (burgundy/yellow star), but am just OK with the next 2 blocks.  I even made a second version of that second block because I thought the first version was too busy.  Now I'm not so sure - see the photo below.  The third block looks a bit out of place because it doesn't have as much white background.  But when all 12 of the blocks are together, I'm thinking it will fit in much better.  


The exciting things to look forward to today - a backyard coffee date with some girlfriends I haven't seen much in 3 months.  And picking up my Saturday Sampler monthly block pattern and fabric.  The Pin Cushion isn't ready to do the big group sessions yet, but we can bring show n tell items to the shop and also pick up our kits this month.  Yay!!!  I believe we have 3 months' Saturday Sampler blocks left to do. 

No comments: