Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Snowflakes in June



Yesterday I was able to pick up another quilt that is quilted and ready to bind.  Bonnie at The Pin Cushion does wonderful quilting.  She has a great eye for thread color in particular in my opinion.  She used a dark gold color on this one and those snowflakes just POP on the cream borders in particular. I love it!!

This is my Oh My Stars quilt (Pat Sloan pattern) made in blues and cream, with dark gold stars.  I think I have binding already cut for this, but if not I'll have to shop for some soon because I'm excited to get this one bound.  Before quilting this quilt was OK (below) but those gold snowflakes and swirls make it so much prettier.  Thank you Bonnie!!!


3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The wide, cream borders needed a dynamic quilting design. Bonnie has a good eye. Will it have a gold binding?

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wonderful! Sometimes it is the quilting that makes a piece special!

Kate said...

The quilting really enhances the pieced pattern. It's so nice to have someone who knows exactly how to quilt a project to make it special. Happy binding!