Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Unicorns and Stars


Another UFO can be checked off my list.  This child sized quilt needs to be washed and then I can gift it to a new baby girl.  I gave quilts to her older 3 siblings, so I can't leave her out.  

If you've followed me for very long you know that I made most of the parts/units for the blocks for the 2016-17 Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt called En Provence.  However, I didn't choose well when selecting the yellows and greens that went into the blocks along with pink and purple fabrics. So after making a few blocks, I stopped and put it away.  I really disliked how the blocks looked with those colors mixed together.  In 2018 I decided to take the blocks apart and used the parts I liked in other projects.  I made one quilt with them for granddaughter Olivia who requested unicorns to go with that pink and purple.  This is the second (and last) child quilt made from the pink and purple units.  I've used them up. Yay!!

There are a few blocks made with the yellow and green units - and someday I'll use them in something.  But for now I can feel gratified that this one is done and going to a new home. 

Next - I can concentrate on getting my Saturday Sample blocks done, and working on the 3 little blocks for the third week of the Lori Holt Sew Along.  

2 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

An excellent finish! I especially like how the border fabric complements the center blocks.

cityquilter grace said...

i had some of those units made as well...ended up with 12 blocks' worth and donated....love your little quilt!