Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Lunch hour sewing

Tuesday was a busy day, so my sewing only happened over my lunch hour.  It's not surprising that the days I really feel motivated to sew are the days I have to stay at my computer for work tasks.  I keep reminding myself that continuing to work funds my sewing habits.


A little more progress happened on some of the blocks for 6th Grade.  31 out of 36 blocks are now done.  Slow and steady on these, but I'm definitely ready to have the blocks done so I can play with the layout. 


And the second block for Week 1 of Lori Holt's June Sew-Along is now complete.  Two down and one more to make for this week.  I'm wishing that I had used fewer colors in the second block, making all of the rectangles in 1 color and all of those star points another.  This one is too busy.  I just may make another variation to try out fewer colors.

It is always fun to be challenged to use a block in a different way than originally intended.  Her sew-along this month challenges us to make the star blocks from Vintage Christmas.  She is doing a patriotic colorway but her followers will use lots of interesting options I'm guessing.  Mine are simply brights.  



1 comment:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Look at all those pretty colors and fabrics! You’re on the homestretch with the 6th Grade blocks.