Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Bonus time sewing


I took this morning off as I had a 10 am appointment for a pedicure but the appointment was pushed back to 11:30 - so I suddenly had some sewing time.  Yay!!  This is the Row By Row kit I posted about yesterday.  Very honestly it took me an hour to cut the pieces and put together this little project.  It's only about 8.5" wide by 35" long.  I haven't made a final decision yet about the words (angle and location), so they are not ironed on yet.  And I'm still debating about whether I want to add a narrow black border to finish this off, or just bind it in black.  


However, I have decided it is going to be a vertical wall hanging.  I even fussy cut that top piece to make sure there was a dog in it because it's going to be a house warming gift for my daughter's family. And they are dog people, although they've been without a dog for a year since their old bulldog passed.  Now that they've bought a house I'm guessing another dog will join the family in the near future.   

3 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

That will be a really cute vertical wall hanging! I'm not sure if i would angle the words though, maybe straight on? Whatever you choose, it will be perfect! Happy sewing!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great idea to make this into a wall hanging AND a housewarming gift. It’s colorful and would look nice by the front entry to welcome guests.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Fun I am sure they will appreciate the dog in the quilt! :: Such bright colors!!