Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2020

Beads quilt layout options

So far I've tried a couple of different layout options for the bead blocks.  I'm glad I made the extra pink and yellow blocks for this one. 


If choose this layout I'll need to cut the corner setting triangles 2 different sizes.  Luckily I have plenty of the background left to do that.  For the purpose of the photo I've just used the extra side setting triangles to see how it looked.


The other layout option is long and narrow.  It looks OK too, even though I didn't lay any corner triangles out before taking the photo.   I like the size of the top layout better, but like the symmetry of the second layout.  I will have to play with these a bit more to decide which I like best. 

It was a very productive morning.  The other thing I managed to finish is the 6th Grade quilt top.  I still plan to rename this one.  I picked out a fun backing at The Pin Cushion today and left it to be quilted by Bonnie.  The backing is one I've used before and it has lots of the same colors as the quilt top. 


I've linked up with http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/.


8 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on finishing your 6th grade quit top, Sara!! I really like the symmetry of the 2nd layout for the Beads quilt. Could you use that one and add a border to bring it to a better size?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The bead blocks are so yummy in those colors! That's going to be a pretty quilt!

sue s said...

I probably commented before, but this is my block for RSC (as a first timer). Your layouts are helping me think about mine!

Jenny said...

The bead blocks are a lovely design, on my wish list sometime in the future! Yours look great.

cityquilter grace said...

like the first bead block layout best...lovely quilts, both of them

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like the second layout but what ever you chose will be good! :)

grammajudyb said...

I can’t say which layout I like better! It would be hard to decide! Anxious to see your 6th Grade quilt done! It’s intriguing!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great job all around!