Pages

Monday, June 8, 2020

Design Wall Monday - a lot of pink


On my design wall this morning are a whole collection of pink blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC20).  Only 1 pink Diamond Tile block is made so far, but I'm sure more will follow.  Notice on the right side is the skirt hanger with the previous Diamond Tile blocks clipped on.  I hang up my RSC block sets in the big closet in my sewing room - erather than put them into project boxes.  The patterns for those scrap blocks are in clear sleeves and I run the hanger through one of the binder holes in the sleeve so it hangs with the blocks.  That puts all of my RSC block sets in one place. 


Two gingham blocks, one string block, and one Twinkle Star block joined the collection.  My plan is to make one more Twinkle Star block in pink.  And I have fallen behind with the Bead blocks too.  Yesterday was hot and windy - 97 degrees and 30 mph wind most of the afternoon.  It was a good day to do some sewing and reading - indoors.  


And two rows of this quilt have been constructed.  When I layed out these blocks the other day it was raining kind of dark outside so the bright colors are not highlighted in this picture. But it has a pale grey background and very bright arrow pieces.  I am loving how this is turning out.  Hopefully I'll have the whole quilt top together yet this week and then I'll try to get a better picture.  

I'm linking up with other Design Walls today at:  https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Clever idea to clip all the blocks together with the pattern. I like the Diamond Tile block, especially how the center of the pink one plays with the frame around it.

For the love of geese said...

I'm not much of a pink person but I love the colors you chose. You've made me second guess my likes. Your blocks are wonderful.

Ramona said...

Your pink blocks are so bright and cheerful. Is there a pattern for the arrow blocks? It look great!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Super cute!!! What is the last quilt called? Very fun!