Pages

Friday, June 26, 2020

Change of plans

I should be in the car with my husband, on the way to a golf course. We had plans to meet one of his business partners this morning at a course in Sioux Falls.  However - he is on his way to golf, and I'm at home while a repair technician works on our air conditioning.  Actually I'm OK with that as I can't survive without air conditioning.  OK, maybe I wouldn't actually die, but I would be miserable.

I do plan to go downstairs shortly and work on a couple of things.  I still have the 3 little blocks left to make for Week 4 of Lori Holt's Sew Along. And I need to find something to put on the back of the house warming wall hanging I was working on earlier this week.  I'm going to do some simple vertical quilting in each of those 4 vertical rows with black thread.  And then I'll bind in black.  I've ordered a metal hanger for it, so maybe it will be ready to gift to my daughter in a couple of weeks.  


I bought a pretty dark gold fabric yesterday to bind Oh My Stars.  So that is on my radar for today to cut and sew onto the quilt so I can work on the hand stitching.  

And while I was in the shop I picked up my fabric for this next collection of Kim Diehl Simple Whatnots quilts - Club 9.  The pattern for the first mini quilt was in the bag too and I can't wait to work on it because it's so adorable. Breezy is the name and it's only 18" square.  I hear that our Simple Whatnots group leader is going to post a video online Saturday since we can't meet as a group.  This is another group that I miss greatly. 



I'm not sure that I've shown the kits I put together for 2 additional Quick Strippee quilts this week.  So I now have 3 quilt kits: flamingos, Scottie dogs, and sheep.  So cute!!  I also pulled out a couple of border prints (geraniums and Halloween) that I'm going to kit up for 60 degree table runners.  I'll have several quick project kits all ready for some delightful sewing this next few weeks. 


Have a great weekend!!

No comments: