Pages

Monday, June 15, 2020

Design Wall Monday



I finally finished the binding on Smack Dab in the Middle while watching golf on TV yesterday. It's nice to see some live sports again.  It was hot and very windy yesterday, so I decided not to go play golf with my husband. Instead I stayed home and sewed.  And I found myself chuckling because the golf announcers kept talking about the 15 MPH winds impacting the golf shots. We had 30 MPH winds pretty much all day.  And a thunderstorm blew through about midnight last night. 


I'm working on Lori Holt's Bee Patriotic Sew Along and this is Week 3 already.  I forgot to post photos of my week 2 blocks so here they are. And of course once I took a picture of the blocks, then I saw my mistake on one of the blocks.  Can you find it too?  Fixing that will be one of the first things I sew this week.

Check out a few more Design Walls today - https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/


6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Great finish! Lovely colours and I really like that light teal fabric that is sprinkled around!

Bonnie said...

Yea for a finish! Yep, I noticed the error. Luckily it should be an easy fix. I messed up star points last week. Luckily, it was just a block too.

Ramona said...

Congrats! on your beautiful finish. And I agree about being happy with live sports on tv. Although I'm not a huge golf fan, it was nice to watch.

woolyjooly said...

Golf = live sports???? hahahahhaahaha!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Smack Dab looks fabulous! Isn’t it ironic that errors are easier to see in a photograph. That happens to me all the time.

Far Side of Fifty said...

sometimes you really have to look for errors! :)