Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Clutter, clutter, clutter


I must confess that I have TOO MUCH STUFF.  This crib in a guest bedroom had become the place to put quilts. Big quilts, little quilts, quilted bags, quilted pillows.  No one has stayed in this room since maybe last fall sometime, and it has gotten completely out of control.  Now, as I look at the photo I realize there are some framed pictures leaning against the wall on the left as well.  HMMM - too much stuff.

I started putting things on the bed too.  On the left are 5 Quilts of Valor (with pillowcases) that should have all been presented by now. But thanks to Covid they are still at my house, folded neatly and ready to go as soon as we can safely do that.  A small stack of puzzles sits next to the QOV.  And behind that is a stack of table runners that no longer fit in the dresser drawer where I usually keep them.  And a small stack of recently finished projects - bags, runners, wall hangings.  


I will also confess that there is a similar stack of puzzle boxes under the coffee table in the living room.  And another small stack of projects - in various stages of completion - sitting on the living room love seat.  Again, I have to say it . . . I have way too many quilts and other things around this house!!

I pulled one quilt out of the crib last week to give as a gift to the graduate (great-niece) and another one is going in the mail as a baby gift this week. But I need to keep giving some of these things away.

And the youngest grandchild is 5, so it's definitely time to get rid of that crib.  A nice antique of some kind would be perfect to store quilts. 

3 comments:

chrisknits said...

LOL, oh to have such a problem! But I am just at the beginning of my return to quilting, so maybe I will get there. I use a cedar chest to hold my rotation of wallhangings and table runners, but it is getting full now. I have an Army foot locker and a steamer trunk, but I need a place to put them and this sewing room is not going accommodate them!

Nann said...

But your clutter is made up of so many nice things!

Far Side of Fifty said...

So many pretty creations! Yes you might need a special cabinet to put everything away. :)