Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Catching up with Saturday Sampler



My goal for yesterday was to finish catching up with my Saturday Sampler blocks, and I'm happy to say the goal was reached.  This month's blocks were simple pieced blocks with kind of a "spinner" look to them.  These blocks were completely made with flying geese.  


I also finished the big block which is 24" square with flying geese circling an applique center.  These flying geese don't have a lot of contrast with the fabrics, but I do like how they look. And since pink is this month's color for RSC, this block fit right in with the other pink blocks I've been working on.


And while I was focused on blanket stitching around the applique on the big block, I pulled out last month's blocks to finish as well.  Last month I ironed on the pieces but then forgot all about doing the blanket stitching to hold them down.  But now all of the blocks we've gotten so far are done - ready for the final couple of blocks in the sampler series.  



4 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Well done. I struggle to do blanket stitch around pieces, especially those with points. I like the flying geese around the appliqué block, the background fabric makes the FG more subtle.

Julierose said...

All just lovely; but the geese around that applique flower is my favorite today. So lovely...nice works Hugs, from home base Julierose

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like the pink blocks too!

Susie H said...

Beautiful pink blocks. I love how the first block is made completely of flying geese units! Shows the versatility of such a tried-&-true unit!