Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

A little organizing and a little sewing for the New Year

I'm trying to start the New Year off with a little bit of organizing in my sewing room.  In all honesty, it's been a hot mess for MOST of 2020.  In anticipation of some new storage containers arriving next week I decided I had to start somewhere in taming this mess.  And making room for the new containers.


These drawer units sit inside the huge closet in my sewing room, and they hold a lot of stash fabric.  That bottom drawer very obviously could no longer close, mainly because I kept digging into it and also throwing things on top of it.  So the bottom 2 drawers were removed and completely emptied out.  Every piece of fabric was sorted by color and refolded if necessary.  Right now I've carefully put the color stacks back into the drawer.  I took this photo before doing that second drawer. 

My next step is to pull the other 2 drawers out and do the same thing - sort by color and refold.  Maybe I can maintain that organization for awhile.   

A small step forward . . .


I've also been sewing up some random blocks that were kitted up and waiting.  Blossom Time blocks are beginning to really add up.  I now have 6 of these "quad" sections.  


And I framed 3 more of the gingham blocks from RSC20, leaving only 4 green ones needing frames.  Since I'm making more of these for RSC21, I'll pull some pinks (January color) for 2 new blocks.  But I'll frame them right away now that I have that planned.  

Now that I have a lot of my stash sorted by color or theme it should be easier to find what I need for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge going forward.  That is assuming that I can stay somewhat organized. 

3 comments:

Ramona said...

Being organized makes life so much easier and fun! I don't know why I fall off the organization rails so often. :)

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Creativity is messy! A neat sewing area means the quilter is on vacation, has guests, or is ill.

Kate said...

At least you made a start on the reorg. I finally started in my sewing room yesterday. It needs a lot of TLC before it's back to any semblance of cleaned up. Happy stitching this week.