Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Leftovers

Yesterday I mentioned the project box that had held the parts for En Provence still had a few leftover units.  OK, maybe more than just a few units.  I made most of the units for En Provence (2016-17) but then ended up not liking the end result so I did not make the actual quilt.  Instead I used a bunch of the units and made 2 quilts for little girls with lots of pinks and purples.  But I didn't realize just how much was still left over.   Yikes!  There is enough for another kid sized quilt I think, which is very exciting. 


There are 107 neutral 4-patch units.  That's right - 107 of them!!  I even see the Christmas words print that I just used in Grassy Creek this week.  These were even pinned together in sets of 10.   


Purple and neutral Tri-Recs units - the same size as the 4-patches - were also in the box.  Some are sewn together but most of them are just cut and ready to sew, or have one wing sewn on and the other waiting.  I have no idea just how many of these there are. 


And there were 32 of these purple 4-patch units, also the same size.  I think these need to become something in 2021 instead of laying around in a box.  So these orphan blocks are going onto my UFO challenge list.   


This was the 2020 Unicorn quilt I made using a lot of the leftovers.  I guess I pulled out all of the pink Tri-Recs units to use in these 2 quilts, because there was just 1 left in the box.  The bottom quilt is the one I gave to granddaughter Olivia in 2018.  It does make me feel good that I've not totally wasted all of those units even though they didn't end up as the original planned quilt.  Olivia loves her unicorn quilt. 


There were also a few units left over with green and yellow in them and those were the ones I didn't like in En Provence.  I chose poorly when I pulled yellows because they didn't look good together with the pinks I had, so I made some small blocks using those green and yellow units back when I made Olivia's quilt.  Those blocks are still hanging in the closet waiting to become something too.  

5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

very nice repurposing....i had some of those units that i turned into blocks and donated...lovely colors!

Moneik said...

I love how you've been able to re-purpose the units to make other quilts. I have a bunch of "leftover" pieces from all the mystery quilts. Someday they may become a mis-matched quilt.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I know you’ll create some beautiful quilts with these basic units. Have fun!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Let your imagination run wild...I am certain whatever you make will be lovely...I see a quilting thread with a bright color!

Kate said...

You did a great job using up those odds and ends. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the rest.