Pages

Monday, December 14, 2020

Design Wall Monday - December 14

 What's on your Design Wall today? 

Having set Unity aside for several months, thinking I would just leave it small, now I’ve made the commitment to add at least Round 3 to it.  So, a bunch of 4.5" star blocks are on my design wall this morning. 


These Round 3 star blocks are attached to one side of the quilt so far.  I have 3 more made, and several more kitted up.  I mentioned that I was running out of hot pink scraps.  So I dove into the 3 cookie tins of postage stamp (1.5” squares) squares to see if I could find more hot pink and aqua pieces to use.  I’m also going to be more careful with how those black and white prints “read” before cutting into more scraps for the background. Some definitely have too much white in them and I need to keep those to a minimum because they look a little washed out.  A few are OK scattered about, but not too many. 

I'm linking up with:

3 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

You're really going for the gusto, on the Unity quilt!!! I love the colors you're using. Are you doing her mystery quilt for this season, too?

Tired Teacher 2 said...

This row of stars look great. Limiting the lighter black fabric is a good idea or at least distributing them on each side of the quilt.

Kate said...

You picked such a great set of colors for Unity. Round three is looking good.