Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Framing the Gingham blocks

Gingham was one of the sets of blocks that were part of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2020.  I have 20 of them made so far, and I'm pretty sure I will make more for RSC21 so that the quilt will be larger.


Originally these were 10.5" blocks, but then I decided to frame each one to make them 12.5" instead.  I don't want a sashing between these, but if I butted them up against each other then I had all the white sections meeting.  So the frames solve that problem.  I cut 1.5" strips for the frames in a similar color to match each block.  There are mostly blue and green blocks left to frame.


There are only 7 left to frame now and hopefully that will be done before New Years.  

4 comments:

Nann said...

Nice, crisp color contrast in your blocks. The bonus: the frames use more stash!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Beautiful colors and blocks! I have fond memories of gingham as it was popular when I was in my teens.

cityquilter grace said...

very nice blocks...great use of color

Kate said...

Very vivid and bright blocks! RSC projects are always some of my favorite. Good luck getting the rest framed this month. Have a very Merry Christmas.