Pages

Friday, December 18, 2020

Progress in small amounts

 I had a small part of the morning to sew, and made good use of the time for a change.  


I finished 5 more star blocks for Unity, plus made the flying geese sections for 5 more.  The final 10 are still laying on the design board in pieces but organized and ready to sew.  The light at the end of the tunnel has arrived for Round 3 of Unity.  Yay!  I also went through my bin of black and white prints to choose something for the sashing that will be added after the stars.  But nothing I had was big enough without lots of piecing, or it read too "grey" due to lots more white in the prints.  So . . . you know what that means.  Yup - fabric shopping.  


Clue 4 for Grassy Creek came out this morning.  It was a very simple addition of neutral and grey triangles onto the sides of the Clue 3 unit.  These triangles took me about 15 minutes to add to my 1 set.  I've chosen to only make 1 set of each clue to begin with.  That will allow me to play along, but not waste a lot of fabric or time if I don't like my result since I changed a couple of the colors from the mystery instructions.

And that fabric shopping I mentioned - well I found an excellent black print for Unity. But I also couldn't pass up the sale on Christmas fabrics and "end of bolt" at The Pin Cushion.  A couple of other fabric choices were made for future projects as well.  Retail therapy with a little impulse buying!!  Merry Christmas to me!!

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Retail therapy is good for the soul and the stash. I’m happy that you found a good black for the sashing and some bargains, too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am certain the fabric shop appreciated your visit!

Kate said...

Yeah for more progress on Unity! I'm hoping to get a few clues made on the latest BH mystery this afternoon.