Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Prepping more blocks for Unity

Round 3 of Unity needs 36 of these 4.5" star blocks.  I set a goal for December of adding at least 10 more blocks to the 6 I had already made.   So, 10 little block kits were cut on Saturday to sew today.  


I'm running very low on the hot pink scraps needed for some of the star points.  Guess it will be time to look for some fat quarters or yardage to supplement what I have.  


Round 1 was not scrappy.  I used the same black print as the background of that whole center medallion section, plus just one pink, one aqua, and one green fabric.   Round 2 was just a little bit scrappy, with a little bit of variety in the background and the colors.  Round 3 is shaping up to be very scrappy.  


Maybe by the end of January I'll have enough to finish Round 3.  Maybe . . .

5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

scrappiness equals zing!

Kate said...

Love your color choices for Unity. Good luck with round 3. I'm still working on round 5. I'm hoping to have that finished off by the end of the year.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely scrappy quilt! Your stars are beautiful. Enjoy round 3!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Have fun!

Nann said...

Love your colorway!