Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2020

Ready for some applique

 I had the morning off today, and settled into my sewing room with coffee to just enjoy some fabric play.  The pinwheel background for my gnome table runner is all done.  There are 12 pinwheels and then a long strip sewn just along one side, so the pinwheels will be off center.  The Twister ruler is the tool called for in this pattern and I already had a couple of sizes. 


Due to the poor lighting in my sewing room, these greys look so dreary.  But really they are not. The light one is kind of a silvery grey.  Once that background was completely sewn together, I traced all of the applique pieces onto the fusible, and then ironed them onto my fabrics.


Red sparkly gnome hats will hopefully be the perfect choice.  White beards, beige noses, and then the bodies are from that same dark grey in the pinwheels.  I'm hoping to cut out all of those little applique pieces this evening while watching some TV.

3 comments:

chrisknits said...

You are going to force me to get my pattern out!!! But I still don't know what background I want. Hmm, maybe I will search for variations tonight.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sounds like quite a project!

Kate said...

Looking forward to seeing those gnomes.