Pages

Monday, December 7, 2020

Fresh OFF the Design Wall Monday - December 7

 Fresh OFF the design wall are 2 new bench pillows.  These pillows are the perfect size for my long sectional in the family room, as I don’t have a bench to put them on.


HoHoHo looks so cheerful on my family room sectional.  I decided NOT to put any embellishments on this bench pillow.  So it's just finished as is and I'm very happy with it.  I did some simple quilting on it myself - a "wave" across the width and then echoed.  The envelope backing is the same aqua fabric and the "binding" on the edge is the same red plaid - all from the stash except the white speckled background fabric.  


The Boo bench pillow (draped over the other) is much busier than the first one.  Full of applique and much more elaborate quilting.  It's so cute, but will hang in the closet until next fall.  This one was a kit I bought with the pattern and the fabric so I can't take any credit for the fun fabric choices.


The envelope backing was this cute fabric with the skeletons, black cats, and lots of words.  


And the kit even included black buttons for the flower centers.  It also had black ric-rac for flower stems but I left that off.  I had this one quilted and the gal used orange thread to quilt ghosts and bats on this one.  It's so cute.  

I'm linking up today with:

5 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

What fun! I love both of them.

Astrid said...

Love your bench pillows!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute!

chrisknits said...

The perfect accessories!!

Kate said...

Very cute bench pillows! The Halloween one is really fun. Teal and red is such a fun color combo and a refreshing palette for the holiday. Enjoy the holiday!