Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

I've surrendered . . .

 It's Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt season and my original intent was to save and print the clues for Grassy Creek, then decided later on whether to make it or not.  Let's face it - I do NOT need another project.  But it's so tempting when you see the pretty blocks online.  So I have surrendered to that temptation.  I admit that I'm weak. 


I really wasn't "feeling" the autumn colors in Bonnie's mystery this year, so I am playing with something different.  I saw lots of beautiful color combinations in her Facebook group.  But I'm just not sure what I want to use.  So I'm making ONE SET of each clue, rather than the number of sets she has planned.  Clue #1 is a set of 8 gold and grey Half Square Triangles, and I kept those original colors.  So far, so good - and all out of scraps.  


Gold, neutral and green Hourglass units were identified in Clue #2 in a set of 4.  Again - her original colors.  These are a bit smaller than the Clue #1 HST units.  But they were together in a jiffy. 


Clue #3 is where I changed up the colors.  I switched to navy blue instead of red, and purple instead of orange.  Again - this is a set of 4 units.  I think I'll like these colors together.  So I'm all caught up but with only 1 set of everything until I make that decision to make more.  


I pulled out a project box from the cupboard under my cutting station that I had used for En Provence mystery quilt a few years ago.   It had a few "leftovers" from that mystery still hiding in there, but that is a story for another day.  Now it's holding the Grassy Creek mystery instructions plus the parts and pieces.  I'm ready for Clue #4 on Friday.  

4 comments:

Nann said...

The mystery mania is hard to resist! I like your color substitution.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Nice start! Good idea to make one set of each clue. If you change your mind, you don’t have a lot of time or fabric invested.

Moneik said...

You're doing great. I'm done with 1, 1/2 done with 2, and barely started cutting out 3. Slow and steady for me this year.

Kate said...

I like your color change for clue 3. I've just started making blocks from clue 2.