Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2021

A squirrel - but at least it's pink

 Yesterday while waiting for the engineers to quit messing with the humungous spreadsheet they wanted me to work on, I went downstairs to sew.  That is certainly a benefit to working from home.  I can walk away from my desk instead of wasting time staring at my computer screen.  And the first thing I played with . . . a squirrel that crossed my path earlier in the morning.


Pat Sloan had posted her free Wednesday block and it was so cute.  "Home is . . ." was the name of the block and she had it done in the prettiest blues.  Click that block name to go to her tutorial and the pattern.  I had this light bulb moment that this 14.5" block would be a wonderful addition to the 2021 Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and so I made it in pink.  I still need to applique a little heart above the chimney to match her pattern.  


And then, since I was still waiting on that spreadsheet, I sewed the Gingham block that I had cut on Tuesday night.  These are quick to cut and quick to sew out of simple 2.5" squares.  

7 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Pretty pink blocks. I was tempted by Pat’s pattern, but I resisted.I have too many other irons in the fire.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes they are pretty! A nice color to work on...cheerful!

Ivani said...

Pretty blocks, and I love the pink house. I will check Pat's turorial.
Thanks.

Jenny said...

House blocks are always nice, yours is so pretty in pink. Guess you will have a rainbow Avenue of trees by the end of the year.

scraphappy said...

What a pretty house block. I can already imagine a rainbow village.

Susie H said...

Love that cute house block. If you had placed a background in the middle of your gingham block it would look like Angela's Hash Tag! Love gingham and I think that block will make a nice RSC quilt!

Helenchaffin said...

I luv these! One thing I didn't think about was to add borders around my blocks