Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Simplify

Simplify - was the guiding idea as I cleaned off my cutting station on Saturday.  It’s my 2021 Word, and I really need to apply it to a lot of parts of my life.  But I'll start in the sewing room.

I get so lazy when cutting projects, and tend to just push pieces off to the side, thinking I will take care of them later.  But then “later’ doesn’t come.  The surface has now been cleared and even dusted.  All of the scraps and other odds ‘n ends have been organized and put away where they belonged.  Some specialty rulers are hanging on hooks on the wall where they are much handier.  Simplified!

Near the top of that pile were a bunch of triangles trimmed from those QOV star blocks.  Those are now Hourglass blocks and in a bag with quite a few others - all in red, white, and blue.  Underneath that pile of scraps was a whole baggie of triangles trimmed from another past project. These are green and cream.  I had actually begun sewing them into HSTs but then stuffed them in a bag.  Add all these HSTs to the coral and blue ones that were hanging out near the top of the big basket, and I have the parts that could make some cute doll quilts or pillows or something.  I guess this proves that I have trouble throwing these triangle trimmings away from every project.

Once that surface was clean I got back to cutting out the Simple Whatnots project that I’ve been slowly working on.  Laundry Line has a LOT of little pieces, but I’m nearly done with the cutting and will be able to start sewing it this week.  

Sunday sewing will hopefully include a finished binding, and pulling some yellows to begin my RSC blocks as we move into February.   

2 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

looks good....i'm always more productive in a neat space...even if it doesn't last long...

Far Side of Fifty said...

You made great progress!!