Pages

Monday, January 4, 2021

Design Wall Monday - January 4

My design wall this morning holds plenty of random blocks belonging to a variety of projects.  


Saturday was a productive day in my sewing room - organizing and stitching.  Two new Ohio Star blocks are made to add to my quilt.  I've decided that I definitely want it to be bigger, so I'll continue to make blocks for Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2021.  Most of the new blocks will have the white background, but I'll make just a few with the colors reversed. 


And I made 6 more Wisdom blocks.  Forgive the horrible lighting in this photo. It's even worse than I thought it was.  That top left block is actually a dark blue with bright leaves and berries.  Two have grey backgrounds - a snowflake and pastel floral. 


I also kitted up 4 pillowcases for sewing this month.  Zebras, cars, and Harry Potter - all fun fabrics.  I have some flannel Harry Potter fabric that needs to be sewn into pillowcases too, but it's needing a good pressing after I washed it.  



Sunday was spent with family.  We made a 200 mile round trip to deliver Christmas gifts to our children and grandchildren.  It was wonderful to see them all.  One gift that was a big hit was the Krazy Straws bent into their names.  Olivia was drinking hot chocolate when we arrived and the straw was used immediately.  



6 comments:

maggie fellow said...

great idea for a gift - the pink stars are lovely

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Love that straw photo! The hot pink looks great with the zebra fabric.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

you really did have a productive day! and yay for seeing the family!!!

Kat Scribner said...

Love your pink stars - my favorite star pattern.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

The Ohio Star is one of my favorite blocks and your Wisdom blocks are beautiful! Glad you got to see your family Sara and I can see why those straws were a hit!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty pink blocks! That straw is so cute as is the hot chocolate drinker. I am so happy you got to see your kids!