Pages

Monday, January 25, 2021

Design Wall Monday - January 25

 The Gnomes are all blanket stitched finally, and the runner is now sandwiched and ready to quilt.  Normally the blanket stitching wouldn't have taken so long.  But 4 different thread colors, and those little wispy beard edges slowed down the process.  I think the grey thread I used to quilt the snowflake runner will be perfect for this one too. 

A bold red and black backing was pulled from the stash.  I do wonder what I originally bought that for since there was about 3 yards of it.  It's always good to find something in the stash that works for a backing.  Even the batting was a scrap left over from another quilt.  This will be my main goal for this week - quilting and binding this Gnome table runner.


I'm linking up with:
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

sooo cute! well worth the work...

chrisknits said...

I need to get going on my woodsy gnomes!! I even have Fall charm squares set aside that I had planned to use for a Twister, so that just leaves the gnome fabrics to pull.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The gnomes are adorable! Nice job on the fiddly, beard wisps.

Far Side of Fifty said...

cute!

Preeti said...

Utterly adorable!!!

Kate said...

Very cute!

Kris said...

Those are adorable!