Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Blue and white quilts

 My new blue and white/cream Snowflake table runner is decorating my dining room table, and seeing it reminded me that my hanging quilt was still a very Christmas-y one.  


So I took down the Christmas one, and pulled out an old favorite from several years ago that has a very snowy feel.  This one began with a fat quarter bundle of sparkly blue prints that made me think snow. I did end up buying a similar sparkly white for the background, and a little extra yardage to make enough blocks, and for that inner border.  It has often been on my guest room bed in the winter.  I saw the half snowflake applique idea in a magazine and it worked so well.  I'll really enjoy this one on the wall probably well into March. 


I also set out my little snowman mini quilt that hangs in this metal stand on my fireplace hearth.  This one makes me smile every time I walk by.  It's just cute. 


If I remember correctly this was a challenge issued by Cindy to our Sew Vintage group.  We might have been doing Washtub Club at the time.  I think she gave us the white square and a scrap of orange and challenged us to make a snowman.  I used scraps from the blue quilt above, and some buttons (pearl snowflakes and plain black) to embellish it.  This mini sits on my fireplace most winters ever since.


Do you decorate with your quilts?  

2 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Gorgeous winter quilts. I don’t decorate with quilts but change the quilt on my bed with the seasons.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I do have a few out...one on a table, my husbands Quilt of Valor over the railing upstairs and one on a bed:) I like all your blue quilts and that snowman is really cute!