Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Gnomes with red hats

 Gnomes seem to be all the rage lately, and I've finally joined the fun by making the Twister Gnomes table runner.  


This runner is currently on the top of my treadle machine cabinet.  It turned out pretty cute, although I'm not completely happy with my quilting.  I actually followed the pattern and did parallel lines of quilting down the length, but not stitching over the gnomes themselves.  It's OK, but could have been better.  And it's really ugly on the back because I used the grey thread that matches the top but really stands out on the red and black backing fabric. And not in a good way.  

8 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

i think they are adorable!

Vicki in MN said...

Super cute! If you don't like how it is quilted now, could you add either straight or diagonal lines in another direction making either squares or diamond shapes of the quilting?

Tired Teacher 2 said...

It’s darling. Gnome designs are timeless.

woolyjooly said...

very nordic! we're always more critical of our own work-don't fret about it. Sweet table runner, cuzz!

chrisknits said...

I love your Gnomes! I might keep in mind that issue when I make mine, someday. LOL!

Kate said...

Such a fun finish!

Far Side of Fifty said...

It is cute from the top!

LA Paylor said...

that is the cutest thing!