Pages

Monday, January 11, 2021

Design Wall Monday - January 11

 Mid-January already?  How did that happen?


My second Blue Snowflake table runner is nearing completion.  I have one long side left to stitch down the binding which should be accomplished today.  The first one was sent to a Secret Santa swap partner in Ohio for Christmas.  And this one I am keeping for myself.  

These were made from a "half" jelly roll plus some cream yardage found in the stash.  The blues are all kind of a dusty color of blue, and the prints were kind of vintage looking florals and blends.  The snowflakes were laser cuts that I purchased somewhere, for who knows what.  And I quilted both runners myself with simple straight lines angling back and forth down the length, and about 1.5" apart.  Then I added quilting lines on each of the snowflake parts.  The quilting thread is a soft grey that really works nicely.  

What is one your design wall this morning?
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com

7 comments:

AnnieO said...

Very pretty! I admire blue quilts but never seem to make many blue things in my sewing room.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Lovely runner! I love these colors for winter, decorative accessories.

Nann said...

Such pretty wintery blues! And I am relieved to read that the snowflakes were purchased that way. (I have traced, fused, and cut out snowflake appliques and it is a tedious chore.)

Ramona said...

Beautiful fabrics and colors!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I love the blues! Perfect!!

Moneik said...

So very pretty. My mom loved these blues and snowflakes, so I've made several runners with the snowflake cut outs.

Kate said...

Very pretty! I agree, how did it get to be mid January! We just celebrated the new year.