Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Uncovering lots of 9-patches

Another drawer has been emptied, sorted and reorganized, and it yielded a few surprises.  This was a deep drawer and buried in the bottom were 2 plastic bags holding leftovers from previous quilts that were finished long ago.  I’ll admit I was almost afraid to look into those bags.


One bag was full of leftover Thimbleberries fabrics from a number of different projects from my past.  Some of the pieces were fairly large, and others were just little scraps.  And tucked in there were these 9-patch parts.  I think these were extras but can’t remember from what.  The top (and last) drawer in this cabinet holds a lot of Thimbleberries “stuff” - fabric and patterns.  So now the leftovers have all been sorted,  ironed, refolded, and that top drawer along with these 9 patches, which I finished before putting them away for some future project.


The other bag held the leftovers from a quilt I made several years ago, using the X Block ruler.  You made 9-patch blocks, and laid that ruler on them at an angle matching up lines on the ruler it’s the seams, and then recut into a tilted block.  There were 5 complete 9-patch blocks and the parts for 10 more, plus some yardage.  These are 8 and 3/4 inches square which is kind of odd, but I think there is enough for a small quilt so I’m adding this to my UFO list for 2021.  

2 comments:

Kate said...

At least you know what you have. Though I hate finding forgotten left overs. I never know what to do with them.

Far Side of Fifty said...

What pretty surprises for you!