Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Lunch hour sewing

 Getting more organized this past couple of weeks has helped me when I only have a short amount of time to sew on any given day.  

I've long made monthly, and sometimes weekly, sewing goals and posted them on the blog.  List making has always been one of my "go to" ways to stay on task with work or at home.  So, this month I copied those January goals from my blog and printed them.  That list is now hanging right by my ironing board where I can see it at all times.  

On Wednesday I mostly had my lunch hour to sew, and when I walked in I checked the list for something quick to work on.  The pillowcases were already kitted up and in a labeled box, so I had a ready made project.


The cuffs are now on 2 of the 6 pillowcases kitted up in the box.  When done, there will be 2 of the flannel Hogwarts/Harry Potter pillowcases for my niece's kids in Australia.  And there will be 2 of the zebra pillowcases for the spring birthdays of my granddaughters.  I left off the contrasting trim on the flannel cases because it would have added to much bulk in the seam.  And yes - the flannel has been washed and dried before making these.  Side note - I really do NOT like sewing on flannel.  


One other quick project was to sew the 4 Blossom Time tulip blocks I had made this week into a "quad" block.  This ends up being 13" once the 1" sashing is added between these little tulips.  This is the 7th quad set that is done.  And I love, love, love how cute and cheerful these totally scrappy blocks are. 

5 comments:

Ramona said...

The zebra fabric in the pillow case is adorable! Each time I see one of your blossom time blocks I want to make some. I did find the pattern I had printed the other day. Maybe it's finally time!

Moneik said...

It's so handy to have the goals where you can see them. I have mine in my planner and in a journal type notebook, so I can see what I plan to work on each month. I'm only missing the one project I wanted to do off my UFO list, so I'll work on my other projects for now. I'm sure it will turn up sooner or later.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I’m a list maker, too. It’s satisfying to cross things off as they are completed. Ack, flannel - too much stretch and too much fuzz.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I love those tulip blocks so darn cheerful!

Kate said...

Making the most of those "extra" minutes in the sewing room is a great way to stay on track. Very fun pillow cases and the tulips are really cute.