Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2021

January was semi-productive

How do I define "semi-productive" you ask?  Well, there were no full sized quilts completed this month, but I did get a lot of my monthly goals done so there was forward progress on plenty of things. My only complete finishes were a bag, a table runner, and 3 pillowcases.  But I did make LOTS of blocks for ongoing projects, and took 2 projects to be quilted (by credit card). My January plan really focused on small projects and organizing.  In those areas I'm pleased with my progress.

I'm a list maker, and feel great when I can check something OFF a list.  So the past couple of months I've actually printed my goal list and pinned it next to my work space to keep me going in the right direction.  That doesn't mean I don't go off to chase squirrels, but it does give me better focus most of the time.    

  • Saturday Sampler - January sections - DONE
  • Cut out 1 Simple Whatnots project - Not quite done, but almost
  • UFO Challenge project #7
    • Unity quilt - finish Rnd #4 - DONE, added Round 5 & delivered to quilter
    • 1 Sew Together bag - DONE - Laurel Burch cats
  • Ritzy Cracker - sew "2-sies" into "4-sies" - NO
  • Pillowcases
    • 1 Harry Potter for Mason - kitted up & ready to sew
    • 2 flannel Harry Potter for Steph's kids - DONE
    • 2 zebras for my granddaughters - only 1 DONE, but other is kitted up
    • 1 car pillowcase - kitted up & ready to sew
  • Organizing
    • set up new project cabinet - DONE
    • clean cutting station AGAIN - DONE
    • label the drawers sorted by color - No labels yet as more sorting needs to happen
  • Quilt, bind, finish the following:
    • Gnome table runner - DONE
    • blue snowflake runner - DONE
    • 2 Winter Moose table runners - NO
  • Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2021 - PINK
    • Wisdom - 5 blocks - 6 blocks DONE
    • Gingham - 2 blocks + 4 green frames - DONE
    • Blossom Time - 5 blocks - actually got 8 blocks DONE
    • Diamond Tile - 2 blocks - NO
    • Ohio Star - 1 or 2 (to make quilt bigger) - 2 DONE
    • String blocks - 4 or more - DONE


2 comments:

Kate said...

Lots of scratch offs and to do's with progress. I count only one with no progress. So a pretty good start to 2021.

Moneik said...

Looks like you made lots of progress. I count that as a win! I didn't finish any of my goals, but I made progress and I did finish a few quilts, so that feels good.