Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Baby steps forward

 Between work and watching the inauguration yesterday, I didn't get much sewing done.  I had good intentions, but it just didn't happen. 


One of the hard steps in making the Sew Together bag is stitching those pockets into the folds of the end sections.  The other difficult thing is then sewing that end to the quilted bag front along with the binding that encloses the raw edges. LOTS of layers of fabric.


The end looks a little rumpled right now, but once I've had a chance to apply a bit of steam it will be better.  However, normally I manage to push each of those "pleats" so they lay in the same direction, but this one just wouldn't cooperate.  


It's ready for the final step of putting on the top zipper and the binding that makes the finished edges and the handles.  That is a much quicker step because there are NOT lots of layers to sew through.  

This is Sew Together bag #16.  I posted about #15 on May 1, 2020. http://mysewingroomsara.blogspot.com/2020/05/sew-together-bag-15.html

5 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohh this is so cool! EVen tho the pockets give you grief - I bet the are so useful!! love the fabrics!

Linda in Calif. said...

This is a really cool bag. And so pretty, great fabrics!! I could really use a bag like this and would enjoy the challenge of making it.

Moneik said...

I just love this Sew Together bag! I'm not sure how many I have made, but then I got curious and started making a list. I have made at least 13 that I remember. I love making them and have made 2 of the "small" version.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

You’re on the home stretch: you’ll have it completed soon. It will be a handy bag.

woolyjooly said...

Love these bags! That fabric looks familiar - who is the designer?