Pages

Friday, January 8, 2021

Back to work on Unity

 My plan for the final step on the Unity quilt is pretty simple - narrow borders and flying geese on the top and the bottom.  That matches the original pattern, except I’m making the geese a little bigger.  I’ve decided not to add the additional pieced “rounds” to the quilt that were originally planned.  It will end up 54 x 66.  I may add a simple outer border or I may leave it that size.  

The flying geese are 2 x 4 (finished) and will all point the same direction in the strip.  The parts are all cut and about a dozen are stitched so far.  I love how these look with the variety of fabrics. 

And while the pink and lime green fabrics were still out, I made one more pink Gingham block and framed the 2 lighter green Gingham blocks.  That makes 22 done, with only 2 darker green blocks left to frame.  I think 30 blocks will make a nice sized quilt, and I'm getting kind of excited over how these blocks are looking together.  

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

So pretty - the variety of black fabrics pulls all those colors together.

Sarah said...

I too love your flying geese! Great fabrics. I've been looking back at your pink blocks too. They look so nice.

Kate said...

The flying geese just glow against the black. Looking forward to seeing your finished version of Unity.