Pages

Friday, June 25, 2021

A new technique

 I've mentioned before that I take my inspiration from many sources, but other quilters are the BEST sources of inspiration I can think of.  One of those quilters is an artist who explores many different techniques, and she has been the push I needed to try out something new to me - fabric painting.  We have Zoomed a couple of times now, and I am ready to try explore something new.


LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color is that artist and she does a lot of mixing of the media she loves - paint, fabric, beading, etc.  The art quilts she creates are unique and make me smile because they tend to be so bright and cheerful.  Her blog name defines her style - and she plays so successfully with color.  I'm always blown away with how she blends and shades, etc.  Well, I'm not quite that brave YET, but want to try out just a little painting on fabric. 

My plan is to start with some snowflakes for a table runner idea I saw online.  The design had appliqued snowflakes, but I'm going to try painting them using this stencil.  I ordered the paint and stencil online and got very lucky because those snowflakes are just the size I wanted.  Now, let the playing begin! 

4 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

I am excited to see what you create!!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Sounds like fun!

Astrid said...

I've never tried fabric painting, it looks like fun.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Have fun! Will it be washable? Hope it turns out!!