Pages

Monday, June 7, 2021

Design Wall Monday - June 7

 My design wall this morning holds Farmers Wife Sampler blocks.  The first 26 are complete, and I have the next 4 all planned out.  Hopefully they will be completed this afternoon. 

It's another day of temps in the upper 90s or 100, so it's a good day to just stay indoors and do some sewing.  I just don't do well in the heat.  But I do need to water some flower pots this morning before it gets too hot outside.  I've pulled them into shady areas on the deck and porch so hopefully that will help them survive.  

Yesterday we took a road trip, leaving home at 8:00 am to drive to my nephew's home in Minnesota.  We got to enjoy a delightful visit with extended family to celebrate Jayden's high school graduation.  They held a "brunch" open house for her, with the local Lion's Club serving pancakes.  What a fun idea that was!!  It was wonderful to be able to spend the day talking and laughing with family.  Totally worth the 2.5 hour drive each way!

I'm linking up with Design Wall Monday:
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/ 

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great variety of blocks. I especially like the third from the right in the bottom row. Wonderful idea to have the Lion’s Club “cater” the graduation brunch.

Astrid said...

Beautiful blocks! The high school graduation sounds fun and wonderful that you were able to spend time with your family.

Far Side of Fifty said...

This quilt will be a beauty!