Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Laundry Line - next steps

Everyone - including me - is probably sick of watching me drag my feet on this Laundry Line project.  I'm happy to report that I have finally made a little progress.  Block 8 is done. 


Block 9 is done.  Yay!!  



Now I can begin to work on the sashing, which just might take as long as the blocks did since it's made of 1" wide strips and 1.5" squares.  The pieces are cut but need to be sorted and distributed somewhat randomly among those 9 blocks.  Planned randomness . . . and yes, these Kim Diehl projects do tend to force me out of my comfort zone.  Which is one of the reasons I do them, plus I like the looks of the finished products.  


I'll get there eventually, but in the meantime I will putz along on Laundry Line.  And work on lots of other projects in between like usual.

What else will June bring for goals?

**  I picked up a quilt yesterday that needs binding.  
**  New Saturday Sampler sections come out this week.  Those are always fun!
**  Purple - something - for Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month.
**  keeping up with the Farmers Wife Sampler blocks
**  make the top for the Circle of Nine/Barnyard Animals quilt (UFO blocks)



3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

LOTS of pieces in those blocks, and they look great! I have a feeling the sashing will go together much faster than the blocks. Kudos for keeping so many monthly, block projects in the works!

Moneik said...

Sounds like a lot of good goals for June. I think I may have been a bit ambitious, but we'll see how it goes once I am home from camping.

Far Side of Fifty said...

So many seams...you have patience! I love this project!