Pages

Friday, June 18, 2021

One thing leads to another

 A search for something to back my cocktail table runner lead to random block construction, which then lead to more digging in the stash, which lead to . . . Well, you know how it is.

There was more than enough of this yellow for the back of the table runner.  I got it quilted and trimmed in short order, and even put a lime green binding on it.  There is still almost a half yard of the yellow folded neatly and placed back into the yellow stash drawer.  With the chunks I trimmed off, I made an Ohio Star block.  

But while I was cutting white background pieces for 1 Ohio Star, it made sense to keep cutting on the strips and ended up with pieces for 3 blocks.  So I pulled out a pretty purple (RSC color) and an equally pretty aqua to pair with that background.  Voila!  3 new Ohio Star blocks added to the collection.


And while I was cutting white background and digging in the stash, I pulled out some fun prints to use for my blocks for a group charity project.  I cut all the pieces for 5 blocks, and got 2 of them sewn up.  This pattern is from the Fat Quarter Shop Sewcialites series.  It’s block #25 that they called Virtue.  These blocks will go into a quilt to be donated to a children’s project.  Red sheep, colorful bugs . . . and for another day there is a dog print in both red and blue, along with a beach pail print.  

4 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

fun playing in the stash isn't it...

Ramona said...

You have been making such cute blocks! I haven't looked at your blog in a bit.... you've been busy. Hopefully the heat has left and your temperatures are back to normal.

Vicki in MN said...

Your Ohio star blocks are tempting me, I haven't made one of those in a very long time.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Fun blocks!