Pages

Friday, June 4, 2021

Barnyard Buddies is ready to quilt


I'm very excited about this quilt, and just couldn't stop working on it yesterday until the whole top was sewn together.  For now I'm calling it Barnyard Buddies.  It's about 72" square. 

The 9 blocks in the circle are Lori Holt 12" Farm Girl Vintage (books 1 & 2) blocks.  The rooster block is fairly recent, but the others are at least 4 years old.  I pulled just the 8 animal blocks to use with the barn block for this one.  I still have 45 more Farm Girl Vintage blocks, at least.  But they will get used in some other project.  

The pattern is a simple one from the book Circle of Nine.  I have to thank Mary for the inspiration.  She has blogged about pattern books she likes lately, and I found myself looking through my own books to see if I had them.  And surprise - I did have them but hadn't made anything from them yet.  This Circle of Nine book has such interesting ideas, and there is actually more than one book.  But I only have this one of the books.  I'm sure I'll use the book again because I love this layout. 


I had sketched out my idea on graph paper and colored it in with colored pencils.  Then I did the math to figure out how much of each color fabric I needed.  Wednesday I went to The Pin Cushion to find just the right 30s reproduction prints to make this one.  And Thursday . . . I cut and sewed.  

I'm in LOVE with that yellow in particular, and I'm not even a huge fan of yellow.  It's kind of an egg yolk color, and has tiny little apples on it.  Perfect scale of print too.  I bought a little extra, so I'm sure it's going to show up again when I'm using 30s prints.   
 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome Awesome Awesome!!!! I love it!!!!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

The cutest thing I have seen in a long time! I love the yellow!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I love everything about this quilt! It is cheerful and fun, and it’s easy to see why you finished it so quickly.

Kate said...

This is such a fun quilt!