Pages

Monday, June 14, 2021

Design Wall Monday - more pillowcases

 There are more pillowcases to make - dog bones, chickadees, blue jays, and a geometric flannel.  


I had a very enjoyable "girls" weekend with my cousin, and there was some shopping and eating in restaurants.  We even went to a movie together, wandered through a farmers market, and visited my kids and grandkids.  

Years ago I made them a set of pillowcases for their bed, and it's time to replace them.  The geometric flannel is the fabric she brought along for her new pillowcases.  I'll do some looking for a good color to use on the cuff.  

My cousin is a knitter, so we visited a yarn shop, and then ended up in a quilt shop close by.  That is when the dog bone and bird fabrics happened.  She has specific people in mind for future gifts of pillowcases with dog bones and chickadees.  But the blue jay fabric - that one is for me!!   

What is on your design wall this morning?
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Nann said...

Isn't it nice to get out and see people in person again? Making pillowcases is pleasantly therapeutic. (And stashbusting!)

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Happy to hear you had a good visit with your cousin and did some shopping, too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute fabrics! Sounds like you had fun! I am working on three projects and not getting very far on any of them, I have watercolor cards spread out all over the dining room table...just came in from mowing...done for at least a week now:)

woolyjooly said...

LOVE YA, cuz! We had some great R&R, food, and family time. I love these fabrics too.