Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Just playing around

After being on a roll with finishing UFOs and other projects, I'm feeling a desire to just play with fabric without working toward a specific goal.  I know I'll get back to focusing on completing tasks, but for right now . . . I'm giving myself permission to PLAY.  It's very satisfying to just relax and enjoy the process, which is why I quilt in the first place.


Purple is the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of the month, so I did some playing with purple.  I'm only showing a glimpse of this little project because it still needs more purple.  


Farmers Wife Sampler blocks keep adding up, with the total reaching 32 so far.  These blocks are Duck and Ducklings, and Butterflies at the Crossroads.  Isn't it interesting how these old traditional blocks have picked up a variety of different names over the decades?  


I got a couple more Tulip Time blocks finished.  There are 6 more "kitted up" and laid out on paper plates for some quick sewing.   I can just grab a paper plate whenever I have just a few minutes to sew, or when I need a change from whatever else I'm working on.  

1 comment:

Astrid said...

We all need a break from UFO's! Can't wait to see what you are playing with. Beautiful TT and FWS blocks.