Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2021

Dipping my toes into purple

One purple fat quarter came out to play initially.  I was looking for something pretty to use as the roof on this month's house block for RSC, and this one kept saying "pick me!!".  


So while I was cutting into it, a Tulip Time block and 2 Roll On blocks happened first.  The house block required more fabric choices.  It is just as cute as all of the previous houses.


The purple Country Bunny was one of the first ones I made earlier in the year.  But I have a yellow one cut out and ready to sew.  


Last purple effort for this week involved cleaning off the cutting table and using things up by making more Roll On blocks.  One dark purple one is joined by yellow and green made from leftovers of the Barnyard Buddies quilt top from earlier in the week.  There are now 25 of these so I'm getting close to having enough for another quilt top.  


I'm linking up today with the RSC group -
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Kate said...

Purple is such a fun color to sew with. Love the bunny and the barn. Enjoy your stitching time this weekend.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Impressive collection of PURPLE blocks so early in the month, Sara!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your houses are the cutest design! I often end up doing the same thing - when cutting into a color for one scrappy block, that fabric ends up in others, too. Those Roll On blocks are fun!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

That bunny! Every time you post the bunny blocks, I’m tempted to make some, too.

LA Paylor said...

they are all just adorable Sara!!! Love the roof, the bunny is sweet in purple

Deb said...

Great blocks there, I may try some Roll on blocks. Lots of color per block! And the bunny is so sweet!

Lin said...

Your purple blocks are lovely especially the tulip. xx

Susie H said...

I can see why that fabric wanted to get picked. It's a beauty! I also love the purple fabric in the bunny. Great blocks!